06 November 2010

Happy Robot Cake

With any cake I make, there are ALWAYS setbacks. Always some kind of problem. So I always start early and try not to panic.

I have realized that my new job has taught me patience and problem-solving. When the machine screws up, you can't yell at it or get mad- you have to troubleshoot and figure out how to fix the problem or work around it. I've been staying a lot calmer when things go wrong, not just at work.

I made the first cake and realized that it came out way thinner than I anticipated and the cake would not be as tall as I'd like. So, I grabbed the extra cake mix that I bought just in case, I avoided a problem. I'm now enjoying some coffee while the second cake cools. Good thing I got started early.

After the baby shower fiasco, I'm really excited to make this cake for Stephen's first birthday. I can't believe he's a year old already! And he's cute as freaking pie.


Some sneak peaks and in-progress photos:

Fondant pieces that I cut last night:

IMG_3546


Robots in progress:

IMG_3547

No comments:

Post a Comment