27 November 2012

Mr. and Mrs.

This is the story of the day I became a wife.


We woke up a little hazy from the booze the night before. Ate breakfast, started getting ready. Well, I mostly hung out in my robe and drank coffee.

When Ashley got here, she did my makeup while Suzy did my hair and Chris slightly stressed that we were running out of time. I assured him that it was okay- I'm the bride; I'm not late. Everyone else is just early. He was not amused.

I popped a few pepto and squeezed into my "body condom," as Chris so creatively dubbed my Spanx slip. Completed the look with an actual dress, some pearl jewelry, and my shimmery heels.

We hopped into the cars, looking really nice. My family knows how to clean up. After a short drive to the Justice of the Peace, Chris's mom handed me a gorgeous bouquet, and it was the first moment I felt like a bride.



We headed into the courtroom and waited for everyone to get there. We took a bazillion pictures, in every combination possible. Then, right on time, things got started.

We all got situated, and Chris's dad, stepdad, and grandpa stood up there with him. Dad gave me away, kissed me on the cheek, and the ceremony started.

Chris looked so handsome in his blues, but it was the expression on his face that made me tear up. He looked so comfortable, so happy, and so ready. He said his vows while holding my hands and looking at me like he truly meant what he was saying. I was overwhelmed by his sincerity and all of the happiness in the room. You could really feel it from our friends and family surrounding us, aiming their little care bear beams of happiness right at us. So, naturally, I said my vows while trying not to cry, and of course a few people videotaped it.

There was a funny part where Chris repeated something that the judge said, but he wasn't supposed to. I thought I had zoned out and was supposed to repeat it and was thinking, "Oh crap I messed up!" But it was ok. He's the one that messed up. ;o)

Shortly after the laughter, the judge officially pronounced us husband and wife. My mom cried. There were large group hugs. It was a room full of joy and I was in the middle of it with my brand spankin' new, handsome as all hell husband. Rawr.


After the ceremony was complete, we went outside where many more pictures were taken, and we headed to lunch. Lunch was meh. There was an issue with the food, but overall it was a lovely time. Toasts were made. Some were more touching and some were more funny, but they were all great. I can't believe the overwhelming generosity and well wishes of his family, my family, and our dearest friends. I have never felt more loved.

When lunch was over, we went home, packed our bags again, and headed to San Antonio for our honeymoon.



Something old: My pearls.
Something new: Dress and shoes.
Something borrowed: Mom's earrings.
Something blue: My Marine (and a blue ribbon on my bouquet)


1 comment:

  1. You look great! I am sure that you went through Spa Treatments. Bath and Day Spa is the great place to improve your health & beauty. Alkaline Spa offers the finest international spa treatments based on the ancient traditions .
    naturopath sydney | naturopathic practitioner | naturopaths Sydney | sydney naturopath

    ReplyDelete