03 March 2019

slow burn

Scene:
Sitting cross-legged on a barstool, fresh from the lavender epsom salt bath and gooey green face mask. Kitty is on the barstool to my left, having a bath.

This weekend was good.

Sure, there was the normal stuff like laundry and groceries and spending time with the kiddos.

There was also laser hair removal (more on that later), debatably rabid raccoons in the backyard, and Nicole's birthday party. The party involved a few sweet moments like re-creating a photograph, singing happy birthday, and letting helium balloons go, but also involved her grandmother channeling her spirit to say a few messages to her family, which I found massively interesting.

I've found the best way to comfort FG on a tough day is to just spend time with him, so with her birthday coming up I've spent the night at his house a lot lately. Which is fine because he has a huge comfy bed and I sleep pretty well, plus he gets me up early so I'm actually really productive on those days.

However, I do miss being in my own home and being able to relax with a face mask and read a magazine or just chill by myself. But hey, if he can bring me flowers on the regular, I can spend the night with him a few nights a week when he's feeling sad. It all balances out.

Been to yoga at least once a week lately. The focus has been on heart openers, which has made me notice that my right shoulder is super tight. I think it's because I routinely carry my heavy purse/tote bag on that side. I'm not sure I would have noticed it unless I'd been to yoga, so hopefully if I modify how I carry shit around I can avoid any actual injury.

I guess that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment