07 April 2021

this, that, and the other

I'm really tired tonight and would happily go to bed right now, but I'm waiting for an hour that seems more appropriate to go to sleep.

Let's see, what's going on?

Work- my morale is better, since things have mellowed out for a few weeks and the forecast looks more normal.

Anxieties- I need a root canal in the back, another old filling got loose and decayed underneath. Going to self-medicate this time.

Pleasantries- Dad came to visit. It was so nice to see him. He helped with a project in the backyard, and overall he's just so cool to hang out with. I was sad to see him leave but at the same time happy I don't have to put on pants to get coffee in the morning. Would love to book a trip this year to go to San Diego and see him.

Speaking of trips, we booked a trip to Denver for FG's birthday. The flights were super cheap, and we plan to head into the mountains and avoid the city.

I keep meaning to document some of the garden. The spinach bolted, I did some research and it likes shorter days and colder weather so there's a lesson there. The zucchini has blooms and hopefully I'll get veggies- I've tried it before and I had apparently healthy plants, but never got any veggies. Maybe this is the year for that.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention your pepper experiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, my spinach loved fall it did so well right up to the icepocalypse. Arugula and Bok Choy love spring, although mine are taking a little longer to beef up this season.

    ReplyDelete