07 July 2009

lady parts and chris

This post will be about lady parts. Well, the first half.

I'm choking down yogurt this morning because it's good for me, and my lady parts. Ugh it's so nasty.

I started feeling some discomfort down there, and I had flashbacks to a year and a half ago, when I had some issues after I messed with my birth control pills. Whatever it was lingered for 3 months, even after treatment.
I have a feeling that the recent change in medications with the prilosec is triggering this. Nevertheless, I was not going to try and self-diagnose, or wait and see if it got better. HELL no. I am nipping this in the bud. Off to the doctor.

My new vag doctor is a cute little asian lady with one of those accents that you can barely understand. She came in wearing red cowboy boots, asked me a bunch of questions, and explained everything she was going to do. I love her.

Unfortunately, she couldn't see anything wrong after violating me, so now I have to wait for test results to get treatment. In the meantime, I get to be uncomfortable.

The other thing I liked about her is she insisted on a full STD screen. I like to do that yearly, and sometimes I felt like my doctor was judging me for wanting to be checked, or she'd say that it wasn't necessary. But I wanted to be checked, just in case.
My new doctor didn't make a big deal out of it, agreed with me, and ordered the tests. She even categorized it so my insurance would pay for it. Sweeeet.


In other non-lady-parts news, Chris came with the gang to the baseball game last night. I hadn't seen him in a little while and he wanted to hang out, so I invited him along. It surprised me because he was uncharacteristically affectionate. Even when we were dating, it was rare for him to want to touch in public. But last night, he put his arm around me when we were walking, and hugged me a few times. He even grabbed my hand when we went to go get some food. I'm not going to try and decipher it, but it was noticeable.

The best part about it was, I had a really great time last night, but I'm totally not attached. Unlike the past, if he doesn't call today or even all week, I will not be phased. Actually, it's been that way for a while now. I still like hanging out with him, but I'm not hurt when he disappears. Sometimes I actually prefer it because there's so much less drama. I have way better people to fill my time with. Horray!

No comments:

Post a Comment