09 September 2010

this post turned out to be about shoes

Today was what I'll call a "Learning Day."

As in, make a bunch of mistakes and learn how to fix them and definitely remember not to make them again. At least it wasn't the same mistake over and over, but it was different ones over and over, and they took a lot of time to fix. Oy, I kept wishing it was Friday all day so I could go home and get drunk and rent Date Night from Redbox and talk to Chris and sleep in the next day.

But anyway. Instead after work I went to Whole Foods and got some new things to try along with some old goodies. Still waiting for gluten free ice cream sandwiches to show up. I had dinner with my brother and sister at Pei Wei, and had a small glass of wine along with some very expensive dark chocolate that I splurged on. Bonus: leftover chinese takeaway for lunch tomorrow. I predict an early bedtime, even earlier than my normally early bedtime.

Song lyric stuck in my head:

you got your hot crowd,
shoes on your feet,
and you wear them around
like it ain't shit.
but you don't know
the way that you look,
when your steps
make
that
much
noise

Too bad I love it when my heels make that clacky heel noise. Reminds me of "the clackers" from The Devil Wears Prada. I don't care, I still love it. I think it stems from the days of Princess Shoes. They were what my dad called our dress shoes when we were kids- those shiny black mary janes that weren't princess shoes unless they made noise on the tile. And they HAD to be worn with ruffle socks, very much like these:

photo props-
picture links to Jody Cooper's photography blog


However, I like the grown-up version of princess shoes much better now:



No, Ash, I'm not getting Manolo Blahniks for your wedding. I wish...

No comments:

Post a Comment