21 March 2012

it can and will

I'm sitting here at my desk, absentmindedly taking my wine glass and slowly turning it by the stem. I randomly look over at the cat in her box, and she's staring intently at it. Not getting ready to pounce, but oddly mesmerized. Never seen that look before...

I got some ugly, good-for you, expensive shoes made for people who are on their feet all day. Hopefully this, with a few other changes, will leave me less fatigued at the end of the day. Also trying vitamins, extra half-hour of sleep, and more vegetables in my diet.

Remember when I said that this is going to be a good week? I'm never doing that again. The Murphy's law of laboratory's ghosts must have heard me say that, because this week has been freakishly bad. Freakish! Even worse than last week. These have been some of the worst days technically and problematically of my entire career. My short career, but still.

Surprisingly enough, morale is not at an all-time low. I think that's because when shit hits the fan, we all step up and work together. At the end of the day, we all make a difference together. We couldn't do it alone. That's enough to make us feel good about what we're doing. Then we go home and go to bed exhausted, only to repeat it again the next day. I'm proud of how we all handled things these past few days. This may be my tired brain misfiring, but I love my job.

My wine is now gone and I need a shower. Happy Wednesday y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment