26 December 2012

mess & mis

So many leaves... those stinking things are everywhere. Pumpkin keeps playing with them. All I keep hearing is "rustle rustle." (At least I hope it's Pumpkin....)

I'm kinda ready to go back to work. I've had enough of being a slothful boozy glutton. My body is crying out for a vegetable that's not wrapped in bacon.

Les Mis was awesome. Of course I think Anne Hathaway can do no wrong, so that pretty much made it for me right there. I made it through to the end without tears, but then I forgot about Fantine popping up at the last scene and that notion went out the window. Not a dry eye in the house. We all filed out of the theatre in a crowd of sniffles.There were a few people whining about how it dragged on, and a few bored kids. As Suzy put it, "It's a damn musical about the French Revolution. What did you expect?"

Since I've just seen the Broadway version, I could not help but make comparisons. Most notably, Eponine didn't win me over in the movie, but when we saw it in November, her "On My Own" damn near brought you chills. A few small differences here and there, but overall they are both enjoyable. I will be purchasing the DVD and I'd go see the Broadway version again. I'm officially one of those people who loves Les Miserables.

Parentals leave for the Ukraine today. They were up at the crack of dawn all excited. They're running around not knowing what to do with themselves.

I'm just sitting here drinking coffee, ignoring the huge mess on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment