19 March 2018

OMG STRESS

I opened up my laptop and the camera was on. Candid photo of my laptop's view:


Today was stressful.

My week is hella crazy and I'm so glad I have my outfits picked out for the week.

Stressors, in order from most stressful to least stressful:

1. I still don't know if my data can be recovered. I called my boss today who got me in touch with someone who seemed promising but I haven't heard from him so... no answer yet. I assume I haven't heard from him because he's still trying. If he had determined my data was a lost cause, I'd have heard by now... right?

2. Meeting with my realtor Wednesday. SO MUCH to do before listing the house. Electrician came today and the goddamn kitchen light is not mounted properly. I can literally see how it's not attached. I paid him $120 bucks to install a light and it's completely wonky?? Are you serious? Glue the thing to the ceiling, I DON'T CARE.

3. Meeting with my lawyer Friday to file the official paperwork. Moderately stressed about making it back into town by 3pm from Lake Jackson. Lawyers usually charge for tardiness.

4. Meeting with a new customer tomorrow who is anxious to get her new instrument because she hates her old one. I have to remember that in work terms, her problems are the most important thing to me right now.

In other news, my family and friends are incredibly supportive. It feels weird that I'm telling people in waves, a few at a time. I guess it feels like a lot to disclose at once.

It's weird. I don't know what I expect from people when I tell them.
Personally I feel like I sort of failed, so I guess I expect criticism and judgement? 
But mostly I get condolences. Which is incredibly touching, because it IS a great loss and it sucks a whole lot and it's so nice to have that acknowledged. 
I know some good, good people.

I told my boss today about the divorce/move and asked for his advice about where I should move due to our account density/ job security. He was wonderfully empathetic. Apparently there are a ton of resources available through the company that I can use personally. Also he said it's best to stay in this same area because he just finished re-assigning accounts to make us as look as useful as possible based on where we live. You know, in case there is another round of layoffs?

So, good to know. My realtor seems to think the house will sell super fast so it might be in my best interest to find a new house first, then list this house. Sure. Why not? Good thing I trust my realtor.

No comments:

Post a Comment