29 January 2019

Hey, house goals.

One of my major goals this year is to complete a bunch of little house projects.

First up I have to get a better light flow going on in here. There is not enough natural light in this house to justify the medium grey in every room, and the other predominant color is an ugly muddy green.

I like the light to bounce around a room and I'm not down with these moody dreary colors. I need it to be light and airy and cheerful.

On a related note, the overhead lighting is severely (and strangely) limited in the living room... and bathrooms... and guest room.

So, my immediate goals are to
1. Slowly paint each room a lighter color
2. Get some better lighting.

Since I have no real direction and picking out paint colors can be tedious, I'm going to start with my tried-and-true paint color Benjamin Moore Wheat Sheaf. 
(My realtor recommended it a few years ago and I loved it in my last house). If it doesn't look good in a particular spot I will re-evaluate from there.

I've already painted the front room and hall. The contrast between the background and the foreground in the picture below is huge:


Next up, the bar. I started priming and it's coming along nicely. I also plan to declutter the shelves to maximize the effect of the giant mirror [aka pare down the million random wine glasses]. I also am loving those new barstools.

Lighting: A bunch of daylight LED retrofit light kits are on their way here and I can't wait to pop those babies in. Also going to find some light kits for the (light-less) ceiling fans and install a light over the bathtub. A new, lower-profile light fixture will go into the craft/game/yoga room. Another outdoor security light will go on the side of the house. Basically, I'm all about the lights right now.

P.S. Security cameras are awesome. How did I ever live without this level of scrutiny?

No comments:

Post a Comment