Takeaways:
Driving and sitting for too long will hurt. It takes time. He said one day I'll notice that it doesn't bother me anymore and to be patient. Which means I'm also not cleared to travel yet and my boss does not care because I'm the only person in Houston right now and she wants me local anyway.
I have great strength and shitty range of motion. He said he wasn't surprised because the joint will be tight for a while. Apparently women have loose hips naturally and that can lead to issues long term so he purposely tightened it up. News to me! Also thanks? He said to wait another month before trying to stretch.
I can start trying to do some of the things I like, like yoga and hiking, but take it slow and listen to my body. Considering I was told not to stretch for another month, I'm thinking yoga needs to wait.
Then I asked him about my tendonitis and he referred me to a hand/arm specialist. Tennis elbow is such a cute name for something that hurts like hell. I told him that and he chuckled and agreed, he said he's had it before as well. The exercises have been helping so I'll see how that goes.
Currently icing both the hip and the elbow because both are sore. Honestly ice packs are underrated. They really help with inflammation and then I don't have to take pain meds that fuck up my stomach.
Other progress:
In the morning, I don't have a limp and walk normally without even thinking about it! As the day progresses and I get tired & sore, it comes back. Also walking on uneven surfaces, like in the yard, still requires concentration.
No comments:
Post a Comment