27 July 2008

wedding!

What a day!

I woke up early to get stuff ready for the brunch/ lunch and that all turned out well. Most of the day went well, with a fiasco here and there. Of course.

The man had to leave work early and made it there with my sister as we were lining up to walk down the aisle. I'm glad he didn't miss it kuz dammit I was cute.

Dayna made sure to let me walk down the aisle with the cutest groomsman, haha. Either way, no one tripped and fell and the ceremony went well. I got to wear my awesome green shoes and the wedding party looked so great. Dayna looked absolutely beautiful. I teared up when they said their vows, and they looked so happy up there. My mom cried, as well. Of course.

Afterwards we took some pictures, outside because there was a service starting. Boy, was it HOT. I got pretty lightheaded because I hadn't eaten a lot and those dresses don't breathe much. I can't wait to see all the pictures though.

Dinner went well. I got to sit next to the man and it was nice to see him for the first time in a couple days.

Then the traditional wedding stuff. I think the father daughter dance made everyone tear up. For the life of me I can't think of what song it was, but it was just such a sweet moment.

Then there was more dancing. There are some really great dancers in the group and it's always so fun to watch. A few of us took a break to decorate the getaway car with streamers and the like. Then came the bouquet toss. I didn't catch the bouquet, but I tried. Turns out the chick who caught it and the guy who caught the garter were dating. Go figure!

I got my one dance with the man before he left to go back to work. I think that's the first time we slow danced together. It was nice and slightly sweaty after running in from outside to catch the bouquet toss, haha. I ended up dancing with Scott and we talked a little about the wedding and how I'm glad he and Dayna are together, yadda yadda. He's really a great guy and I hope they have such a happy marriage.

I think they both had a blast and are probably exhausted now! All in all, it was a happy day and I'm tired but wired at the same time. That, and there are about a billion other details I'm not even mentioning. Good times.

I ended up taking over 200 pictures with my camera, and here's a picture of our bouquets: They looked fabulous against our green dresses.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the comment we did eat it it was good u ever tried it

    ReplyDelete
  2. im happy for you about ur wedding congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry we had to kind of eat and leave. but it was totally awesome (much like you)! you are the best!!!
    -dayna

    ReplyDelete