09 September 2008

tired tuesdays

I am freaking tired. It wasn't a hard day, just long.

I sat in traffic today for more than half the way home because of an accident. Not just slow traffic, but "stop and go a few feet" traffic. The super annoying thing was that right before I was about to hit the spot where I could have gone a different way to avoid traffic altogether, the radio traffic report came on and it said all was clear. Less than 2 minutes later and 15 miles behind the actual accident, I was slowing down. Grr!

I miss my boyfriend. It's been a week since I've seen him and after a day like today snuggles would be the best thing ever.

Not looking forward to the annoying TA in my cell bio lab tomorrow. The experiment looks cool though. We shall see how that goes.

Ack, it's only Tuesday!...

PS. I hate it when people use the phrase "the one" when talking about a significant other. For instance, today someone told me, "My wife is awesome. She's the one."

First of all, no shit she's the one. You married her. I kinda assumed that.

Second of all, I think the reason I don't like it is because it's so overused, typical and cliche. That phrase carries so much baggage and implication. Let's deviate from the norm a little bit, people! Especially when it comes to something so individualized as love. Yeah, we all love but we all love differently. No one feels that same love for that same person quite the way you do. But for some reason everyone feels obligated to use the traditional cookie-cutter expressions of love.

That, and I hate hearing about people whom I don't know that well gushing over how in love they are. That is an extremely awkward position to be in unless you know the person well. Then it's not so bad.

For the record, I am never calling anyone "the one." Unless I say it with finger quotes.

1 comment:

  1. "But for some reason everyone feels obligated to use the traditional cookie-cutter expressions on love" - I love it, I hadn't ever thought of it that way and your right on the mark.

    ReplyDelete