12 January 2009

failure?

I am very frustrated.

This morning I went up to school to talk to my advisor about a biology degree. They were all booked up for the rest of the day, so I grabbed a paper and tried to figure out what I need to take this semester. If I've figured right, I need 13 hours to graduate. Genetics lab, Evolutionary bio, some new Integration course, and Calculus 2 and 3. Since the new course is not available this semester, I decided to take Cal 2 and Evolutionary.

It's frustrating because if I do get accepted, I'll be taking these hard classes that I don't NEED to take. But if I don't take them and don't get accepted, I've just wasted a lot of time. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst, I guess.

I won't hear back from Hospital A until mid-February. The other hospital said they'd mail out their acceptance letters last week, and I haven't received one so I'm assuming it's a no go.

I'm totally bummed. I have always managed to work hard enough to get the job, make the grade, be picked for the team, etc. This is the one biggest goal in my life so far, and it seems like it's slipping through my fingers.

I'm so tired of worrying and losing sleep over this. I just want to know already and move on with my life.

*update*
I might be prematurely freaking out. (What, Me?? Noooo)
I talked to my friend who is also applying and he said that he thinks the other hospital isn't sending the letters till this week or next week. I'm also assuming they send rejection letters instead of leaving you hanging. So, no admitting defeat just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment