03 May 2012

Wisdom teeth saga

It continues.

My appointment for the oral surgery consult was at 4pm. I sat in the waiting room until 5:00. I didn't leave the appointment until 6:30. I sat in traffic, hungry and crabby, until I used my GPS to find a Chick Fil A.

The result of the appointment? Scheduled for late June. Four lovely impactions removed, four bone grafts, two days taken off work, $1900 after insurance. All at the same time under IV sedation.

I'm not even nervous; just ready to get it over and done with. I'm not scared of the surgery or the sedation, only marginally dreading the recovery. I figure it can't be worse than recurrent infections. The only thing I don't like is that I'll have to fast. I hate fasting. I don't do hungry well.

As luck would have it, the procedure had to be scheduled at the same time that Chris has a long weekend and wanted me to fly out to Hawaii. Currently trying to see if we can make it work for Memorial Day instead, if the shithead would ever call me back. I hate it when they're out in the field; communication is so sporadic. Man, that would be so nice to take a little spontaneous vacation and see him. I don't think I need to elaborate any more about how much I miss him.


No comments:

Post a Comment