20 October 2012

bunco & skin

It turns out, bunco is quite fun.

My mom threw a party for her bunco group at our house last night, and my sister and I were subs because a few people couldn't make it. It was a halloween themed party, and most of the ladies had on costumes. My favorite was an Amy Winehouse. Even though neither of us knew anyone, they were all very friendly. It's a nice bunch. (You never know how catty it's going to be when you get 13 women together in the same room, ya know?) But there didn't seem to be any of that. Both Ashley and I got "bunco" at some point, which was exciting, if short-lived. Anyway, it was fun.

Yesterday I went to the doctor. I figured I'd see my primary care physician before the dermatologist because the copay is 20 bucks less. I couldn't wait anymore. My face is horrible and painful.

He gave me some antibiotics to take twice a day for 3 weeks (3 weeks with no wine! Ahh!) to clear up this particular breakout. He also gave me some antibiotic gel to apply to my face every day and kinda keep things regulated. I remembered this too late to mention to the doctor, but I called the pharmacist and asked if the zinc I've been taking would interact with the antibiotics. Turns out, it will.

She told me not to suddenly stop taking it because my energy levels would drop. That's good, because I like the way it makes my skin behave and I don't want to stop taking it. After 3 weeks of taking it daily, my skin is less oily and breakouts heal faster. It doesn't seem to do much for preventing the breakouts, though. Further research (the insert that came with the prescription-- always read those!) indicates that I can take the antibiotics at breakfast and dinner daily, and the zinc with lunch every other day.

I also have been cleaning my makeup brushes and pillowcases weekly, and being careful not to contaminate any makeup.

So, for the next few weeks I'm going to be a pill-popping, cream-smearing, sober diva. And hopefully much less zitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment