27 December 2017

gift card mania

I located a handful of old gift cards that still have a balance, so I started looking around online so I could use them up. Generally when I have a gift card I try to use the entire thing all at once, but I guess these slipped through.

First up: Corelle. I have $25.98 left on a gift card and then a quick google search for my pattern yielded a little bit of information: True Blue is based on an old pattern called Old Town Blue and there are a TON of vintage pieces, like milk glass coffee cups, creamer + sugar sets, gravy boats, and napkin rings. I didn't realize until now that I already have a few items in the Old Town Blue pattern, because they're so similar. A serving platter and some bowls. Slightly obsessed with getting some additional pieces now, even though I can't use the gift card because it's all through vintage sellers. Maybe I'll use the gift card for some Pyrex pieces.

H&M: $50 that I haven't touched! I forgot how obsessed I was with H&M before I discovered stitch fix. Would definitely require a trip to the store since I need to try things on. I think Houston has several stores now.

Bed Bath & Beyond: $9.12. I JUST ordered a knife set for my brother and his soon-to-be-wife. I could have applied this weird amount to that order and been done with it! No matter, I need a new bath pillow because the one I have has suction cups that damaged the newly re-finished bathtub. Garr.

$5.37 on an Old Navy gift card. Another one that requires a trip to the store because this will barely cover shipping on anything I buy online.

Visa. Do they still even have these because this one is warped and I'm pretty sure Chris got it in college. Yet, there's still $14 left on it. I'll just apply it to whatever I buy next.

There's not much I could use online, but now at least now they're on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment