28 December 2018

Friday night at home

Sitting on my couch.
I can't remember the last time I did this. It's glorious.
Pumpkin is pretty pleased to have my lap in a non-moving state.

I had to convince FG that I needed some "me time." Yeah, we've been having a lot of fun and I do enjoy hanging out with him, but he's been taking up ALL my free time lately, and vice versa. Our individual lives have been neglected and honestly I'm exhausted with an empty fridge and a dirty house and no clean bras.
Enough is enough. Back to the reality which demands that you clean your toilets and sleep in your own bed.

I finally got to the grocery store today. Since I've been traveling so much, I have been keeping the fridge pretty bare. It got to the point where the eggs went bad and all that was left were a few sad limes and some mixers for vodka.
Even frat boys have leftover pizza in their fridge.

After a surprising amount of work, the fridge is full of fresh produce and I cooked a few chicken breasts so I can eat something besides lunchmeat. There is clean laundry in my closet, my travel-sized toiletries are tucked away, a purring kitty is in my lap, and I'm feeling more centered.

Strange how having an empty fridge and no clean laundry makes me feel so out of sorts. I can certainly adapt, but I thrive on the stability of an orderly household.

Contemplating sitting by the pond but it's such a mess that it's not even relaxing anymore. There were a bunch of leaks and I thought they were all fixed ($$$), but now there's another leak somewhere because the water level keeps dropping and there is water getting under the liner so it keeps floating up in the middle of the pond. The pond guy is actually in the hospital right now so who knows when it'll get looked at, and to be honest I'm completely done spending money on it.
I kinda want to fill it in and have a normal backyard and I'd rather spend the money on a hot tub with twinkle lights strung above it. Stay tuned for whatever develops with that.

1 comment: