11 October 2019

a little break

Oh, what a glorious day. It's FIFTY TWO degrees. Finally, we get a break in the heat!

I had an office day today, so as soon as the temperature started to drop I opened up every door and window, turned on every fan, and let the fresh air sweep into every corner of the house. I left it that way all day long and I don't even care that there are leaves on the floor because the energy in here feels so good.

Yes, by the way, I wrote that correctly... I had an office day. Not only was I in town, I didn't have to go anywhere. This was a slow week and I'm freaking grateful for the break. Taking every second to breathe because it's only a matter of time before it revs up again. I knew this summer would be busy but I did not anticipate just how busy it would be. It's all good, though, because I did hit Diamond status and I'm okay with a little hotel street cred.

I finally got to the grocery store and re-stocked the pantry and fridge. The shelves were so bare for so long; it's been months since I've had proper food in the house. You know it's dire when there are no beans or even a jar of spaghetti sauce in the pantry. I've been coming home to half-shriveled grapes and a few stale crackers for months. It feels good to revive the kitchen.

I've gotten a lot done to make life feel calmer this week. Getting to sleep in my bed and wake up with a purring cat in my face does wonders for my soul. I even got to wash my bras! It's the little things.

I felt so dang happy and centered today that I took a minute to sage the house, infusing it with positivity, then did some extra-stretchy yoga while Punk took a nap.


It's not possible to do yoga at home unless there is a designated cat perch.

I blocked off tomorrow to hang out with Mah, then on Sunday FG is helping me fix a few more rotted eaves on the house. The previous owners did some half-ass "improvements" that had lead to more damage that I've had to go back and fix. I don't need any kind of bad karma in my life so I'm fixing them properly and it's good to learn but I'd rather not have rotted eaves in the first place, ya know?

Oh, I also had time this week to start working on the guest bathroom. The plan is to fix that (re-caulk, deep clean and seal the tiles) so that I can use it while I'm doing the same thing + painting the master bathroom. The paint swatches have been up so long that I don't even notice them anymore.

Also. I have never lived in a house with a ceiling fan in the kitchen, but it seems like such a fantastic idea. It's always the warmest room in any house, with a need for air circulation... why is this not more common? I think I want to put one in there. But that's further down the list.

I think it's time for a hot bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment