06 July 2020

drowning in stuff

Ughhh.
I stopped by the storage unit today to drop off a box and maybe try to find the box which contained the lamp for my vanity.

HA.

Looking into that storage unit made me want to sit down and cry. It is completely packed full and even though I think I identified the box I wanted, it was stacked under 6 other boxes and the second one down was also the anchor for another pile of boxes. It would take me a sweaty hour to get to that box directly in front of me.

Some of the boxes are starting to collapse. I really need to not forget about those storage units, I need to be fairly on top of it. 

The problem is, I haven't officially decided what to do and until I do, the crap sits there. 

I'm probably going to stay with FG, but it's not like there is room to put anything in his house. There is stuff everywhere and it's overwhelming!

The process of combining all of our crap will be ongoing and I'll have to start selling stuff, which will take a long time regardless, so there's really no quick end in sight.

It's so frustrating because if I want an item, for instance a thumbtack, a few weeks ago I would have known exactly where it was, and I would have retrieved it and completed the task in 30 seconds. Now, it takes me 10 minutes of digging through several boxes to maybe find what I'm looking for. 
All. Day. Long.

The other thing is, I need a dab of epoxy to fix something. I know I have 2 tubes of it, but they're somewhere in storage so I'll need to either wait until it's eventually unboxed or buy a new tube. That's been happening over and over with the most random stuff.

I keep trying to be very "go with the flow" with all of the chaos that's going on, but for some reason today it got to me.

On the plus side, FG agreed to take down ALL of the vertical blinds in his house. The first set that came down was in the master bedroom and I cheered. 
Today I put up the curtains and they look so good. Small victories.

1 comment:

  1. Oh god, FUCK VERTICAL BLINDS. I wish I could take our down--they're killing me. Victory, indeed.

    ReplyDelete