18 July 2020

new plan

We have a plan! 
A new plan. 

We talked and I decided to stay with FG... which means we are starting to build a life together. A little scary, but also it kinda feels right. Surprisingly, it hasn't been hard to adjust to living together. He has been very chill about me coming in and changing everything. The hardest part is getting used to each other's pets.

Part of the old plan was for me to buy a house nearby to rent out, and in the future we wanted to add in a lake house, but I decided that life is short so we should scrap the rent house idea and get the lake house now.

So now we're looking at lake houses. The plan is to rent it out when we're not using it. I'm so damn excited about that. I'm going to be one of those people who has a lake house. So fancy. Plus we both work remotely so it's very reasonable that we can spend more time there than just the weekends.

The next issue to consider is all the stuff in the storage unit. We are going to go through everything, and decide if it's staying here or staying in storage to go to the lake house. Still a lot of work, but at least there is a plan for the duplicate stuff and I get to keep some of the things that I really like but there's no room for in this house.

In the meantime, the house is still being painted so everything is a mess. I keep reminding myself that eventually it will all be fresh and organized and nice. 

Even though it's chaos, I kind of like how everything is being painted and purged, because working on a house helps it feel like mine. Also I found my sewing machine and will bring back my craft table on the next trip to the storage unit, and for some reason that really makes me happy.

1 comment:

  1. Um yes I'm coming on up to visit that lake house aye ayes

    ReplyDelete