19 September 2020

home, work, stuff

My day consisted of mostly this:


I like home depot as much as the next homeowner, but FG takes his time in home depot. We spent 2 hours there today. He picked out a pile of small things, then since we didn't have a cart he just LEFT IT THERE to go find a cart. 30 minutes later after a couple of detours we went back and it was still there, but it was in the back of my mind the whole time. 
Would that drive you nuts? I'm getting used to it, because he routinely abandons his cart in the grocery store to go get things, but it's still ramps my anxiety up a bit.

Every day has been full of unpacking, organizing, and fixing things, punctuated by work trips or a vacation. I am happy to announce that ALL of my everyday boxes have been unpacked and mostly incorporated into the house, including kitchen stuff. Some seasonal stuff is still in the storage unit, but daily life might just get a little easier now.

I volunteered to work in New Jersey in a couple of weeks. It's an active construction site so I had to buy a hard hat and a vest and steel toed boots. I've never been to New Jersey. I hope it's still pretty and fall-like up there when I go.

I signed up for the BoxyCharm beauty box and so far I'm on the fence. I asked for mostly skincare items and they have sent me mostly makeup items. I gave most of the first box away, and I like most of the second box, so I'm giving it one more shot before I cancel it. At some point with these boxes you become overrun with things you don't want. I would love 5 night creams but I don't need 10 mascaras or eyeshadow pallets, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment