13 September 2020

sweet gestures and such

Today I got a text message from FG's daughter. You may or may not know, but it's Grandparent's day. Well, she texted me a sweet video featuring FG's grandson, with the subject, "Happy Nen Day!" I'm not exactly the grandma or step-grandma officially, but it was an incredibly nice thing to do. He raised good kids.
His family always makes me feel so included and loved. Speaking of, his youngest just found out she's pregnant (with a girl), and I'm so damn excited. More ruffles and bows and glitter!

I just got back from a work trip to Tampa. I volunteered (sorta) to pick up a night shift at Big Reference Lab. Our Houston facility doesn't need 24/7 support any more, but various sites around the country are in different phases and still need help. One of their guys came to help us when we were burnt out, so it was nice to return the favor. Plus Tampa is not the worst place to be working. Beaches and hotel points are okay with me. I was able to adjust to the schedule better than I expected, but it was still rough. At the end of the week, I was glad to get home.

I have more to discuss, but I'm just so tired. Spent the day adjusting back to a normal sleep schedule and completing approximately 20 projects around the house. It's done being painted, so phase 2 of organizing/ merging/ purging/ designating items for the lake house is in full effect. Plus we had to replace a leaky faucet and various other maintenance items and I've had half a bottle of wine so I'm tired.

Nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment