28 September 2020

doctor crap

I went to the doctor today.

I was going to find a new PCP closer to where I live, but they called me and it's covered 100% by insurance. I made the appointment because I've been wanting bloodwork done.

The doctor spent a grand total of 3 minutes with me, talking nonstop, chattering/ scolding me about my weight loss since my last visit, which completely surprised me. I managed to get a word in and tell her that I had some digestive issues that have gotten better, but I did mention that I have been feeling more fatigued than normal lately.
She dismissed my comment, saying that the fatigue was related to the weight loss, then she spent the rest of the visit going on about how weight loss affects the menstrual cycle, even though I told her that my periods were fine.
I sat there listening to her, thinking, wtf?

It was honestly a little weird. I have a feeling that no matter what concerns I would have mentioned, she would have attributed them to the weight loss. Aliens fly out of my ass at night? Oh, it's because of the weight loss. She was super focused on it. 

It's not like I'm skeletal or malnourished, and as a doctor shouldn't she be more concerned about the digestive issues, or even suspect a thyroid problem, or if she was that concerned about my weight, perhaps she could have asked questions to screen for an eating disorder/ mental health issue? Nope. None of that. 

I'm so disgusted by our healthcare system, because this is the normal standard of care.

Good thing I don't have any serious issues at the moment; I just wanted bloodwork done and if there's anything actually wrong it will show up there. But what a shitty doctor's visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment