01 October 2020

exciting news

After years of going through phases of kinda cutting out dairy (literally, a quick search of blog posts mentioning it goes back to 2008), this year I meant business. I don't remember exactly when I made the decision, but I'm pretty sure it was last summer when I noticed that my skin cleared up during a whole 30 and I started connecting "random" digestive flare-ups to dairy consumption.
I was tired of feeling sick, and I was ready. I said goodbye to my beloved cheese dip and added another thing to look out for when I read food labels.

It's been a little over a year. I'm not as strict about it as I am about gluten, for obvious reasons, but if I stop to think about how sick I'm going to feel if I eat butter or cheese or ice cream, I don't want to eat it anymore.

My stomach has felt WAY better, my skin has been calm, and now I have some seriously exciting news...

My lab results came back and my lipids are normal. NORMAL? Normal!

What?! My lipids haven't been normal since I was 18. THIS IS SIGNIFICANT.

Cholesterol and LDL dropped 60 points each, back into the healthy range, triglycerides are under 100, and the only thing I did was cut out dairy. After being concerned about my lipids for years, I'm absolutely floored and ecstatic. 

Also, my calcium level is just fine. I'm sure my daily dark leafy greens help with that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment