21 February 2021

Rambles here we go

Scene: sitting on the couch in my fuzzy pink bathrobe with a glass of wine and Friends on tv, yelling for the cat to come join me but she won't.

Ah. So nice.

Today was one of those days where my feet hit the floor when I got out of bed and I did not stop moving until I plopped my butt on the couch a few minutes ago. But of course I'll get up to fold the clothes and empty the dishwasher when it's done.

Today, though, I got ME time! It's so weird how I bitch about something here and then shortly afterwards I get it. [I need to become a millionaire, thanks] This happened because we had to cancel our trip to Austin because of sketchy power and water (boooo) and FG decided to stay at our friends' property. I saw my opportunity and declined to go. The most significant part of today, even though I accomplished so much, was that I turned the thermostat OFF.

One of the biggest differences that FG and I have discovered after living together (besides each others pets) is that we prefer very different temperatures in the house. In regards to the heater, I'm the type to wear some fuzzy socks and a long sleeved shirt and avoid turning it on. I'm losing this particular disagreement because it's been insanely cold (and we luckily made it through unscathed), and my main complaint? It's so DRY. The inside of my nose, my eyeballs, my skin... it's all dry. It's so uncomfortable, even with a humidifier in the bedroom and a boiling pot of water on the stove. Something about the heat from the furnace sucks all the moisture out of the air and it's miserable! Today, I won. Tomorrow, I'll go back to losing again.

I started working on my garden. Getting seeds to start is sometimes so easy and rewarding, and sometimes it's... nothing. I've grown sunflowers successfully before, and they didn't sprout easily this year so I tried again and I'm hoping I can get some. The zucchini has sprouted and is going strong. The spinach is wimpy looking, the peppers and beans didn't show up, and I think I have some sage making an appearance. Regardless of what sprouts, this is a new yard with a new sun pattern and I'll have to learn what grows and what doesn't. Aside from the actual plants, my other immediate goal is creating a space that is free of dog poop. Oh my God. How does such a small dog poop so much!? Dog poop turns my stomach. It's so gross. It's alllll over the place and smells so bad and I'm afraid to step in it. Yuck. I have a plan, though. There will be a 7ft x 5ft spot it the yard that will NOT have poop in it, so help me. 

Oh, next week we get houseguests. FG's parents will be visiting for a week, since they've gotten the covid vaccine, and then my dad will be coming into town but I'm not sure where he will be staying. I'm going to have to have the, "please don't accidentally gluten the peanut butter" talk with everyone, and I'll have to wear a bra and pants around the house, but other than that I'm excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment