23 July 2021

belly rescind and eyes and... marriage

The day after I posted about how great my belly has been, I've had a bunch of days of random flares. Sigh.

~

I went to the eye doctor and after looking at my eyes, she was like, "They're hella dry." And yes, after Lasik, they're a little dry, but I've been dealing with it.

She gave me some drops that have oil in them (and they are NICE), some allergy drops, some hippie omega 3 pills, and instructions to lay with a warm compress on my eyes for 15 minutes each day so they'll loosen up some glands or something. She made me promise to follow her instructions because I guess chronic dry eyes are not a good thing... and you only get 1 set so you gotta take care of them.

~

Y'all. Luke. Getting married. I knew it would happen quickly once he met the right person because that's the way he is. I'm so happy for him. 

If we're being honest, I struggled for a while with my opinions about marriage. You know... after mine fell apart while I desperately held on. I remember the first wedding I went to after I knew mine was doomed. I cried during the vows, but not for the right reasons. Because I know that feeling. The feeling of pledging the rest of your life with someone and how awesome it feels and how much you really, truly believe those vows. ...And then life happens. And for me life was kind of a bitch.

But after healing from that trauma, I still cry at weddings, but now for the right reasons. I've decided that marriage is still wonderful. At the end of the day, I choose to remember the advice that a friend gave me a long time ago, "If there is any chance that you will be happy, go for it."

The thing is, no one knows what's going to happen. Sometimes marriages last for a lifetime, sometimes they're a shitshow, and sometimes they're something in-between. And there's no way to predict which one it will be. And I'm always happy to celebrate my friends and family going for it. So cheers to Luke and Faith!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I didn’t realize dry eyes were a super big deal. I wonder if they shrivel up like raisins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fucking can't....Ashley's comment lmfao

    ReplyDelete