13 July 2021

state of the belly

Tonight I had a cupcake and it didn't hurt my stomach. This is significant.

I think after many, many years of struggling and feelin so sick, I finally have a handle on things. Well, most days. Some days the belly hurts and I can't figure out why, but bellies are weird sometimes. But being able to eat a cupcake and not pay for it afterwards is huge in my book.

The official list of foods I avoid to achieve belly harmony is:
gluten (duh)
dairy
oats, bacon, peppers & tomatoes (I like them but they do NOT like me back)

A few other foods that seem to help:
kombucha, specifically flavors containing ginger
sauerkraut- a forkful with breakfast seems to make things happy
prunes, 2 with my coffee every morning
these herbal supplements, with coffee every morning just to get a good start, and sometimes as needed if the belly is cranky
raw carrots. It's weird, but if I can't stomach anything else, carrots will sit well.

Adding almond milk to my coffee every morning has made a huge difference (dude apparently coffee is brutal on my stomach), and overall things are so much better. 

I'm so happy I've been able to identify and eliminate the foods that have been making me feel so crappy, and add in foods that make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment