25 August 2024

a day.

Today was long.
I was already annoyed with having to travel Sunday, then it wound up being a travel day with a stomachache... joy. Those are the best.

Also, leaving home is not as fun as it used to be.

I remember there was a time when I told my boss to pick me first any time a travel opportunity came up, so I could get out of my toxic house. 

Now, I actually like being home in paradise with my awesome husband. So for the trips where I can convince him to join me, it's a lot more fun. Unfortunately, Ohio was hard to sell. So now I'm trying to make the best of the next 6 days.

Speaking of travel and hotels, I have recently discovered a new travel hack to deal with the fact that no hotel is ever as clean as I want it to be. (except the resorts in Mexico. Those are always SPOTLESS.)

Of course, I use a wipe on all high-touch surfaces like light switches, handles, remotes, etc. And those actually rarely come back super dirty. This is for the corners of the shower, and mildewy sink seals. Stuff like that.

When I go grocery shopping, I pick up a bottle of cheap, store brand bleach spray. And blast the unsavory parts of hotel rooms. Very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment