17 April 2008

the cheese to my macaroni

I was talking about this with my sister: about how we never want to write things about how awesome boyfriends are because when we break up and go back and read all the schmoopy crap we are disgusted and can't believe we ever cared so much about "that dickhead."

This is not general schmoopy gushingness because, remember, I do not gush. I am an awkward gusher.

But. This boy has repeatedly shocked me and proven me wrong when I doubted him, or even had low expectations. We may have had some rough times, but things have changed. I have seen a complete 180 turn into a full circle. He not only backs me 100% without my insistence, he goes above and beyond.

He is incredibly patient with me, which is WAY more than I can say for myself. He is truly a "good guy." His heart is in the right place. He respects himself and actually has values. He shows respect to those who deserve it, and has the balls to not show the same to those who do not. He's intelligent, works hard for what he wants, and appreciates the things he's been given in life. He's not afraid to get down and dirty to make something happen.

Unlike other guys I've dated, he does not need to be the constant center of attention. He does not worry about if his hair is styled quite right and hardly notices when there's a hole in his t-shirt.

I'm so sick of the wimpy guys who'd rather look at themselves in the mirror and debate philosophy than teach me how to shoot a gun or threaten to kick someone's ass when they step out of line. (And actually do it if need be.)
I think one of the hottest things a guy can do is get hot n sweaty working on an engine or digging holes or... some other manly type of activity. Dirt under the fingernails, baseball hat mussing up the hair, hell- give me a farmer's tan and a little hair on the chest! And when he's got brains to boot? Come to mama.

I think this California girl likes her men a little bit redneck. But. Just a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment