18 February 2018

cat nanny

It's official. I hired someone to hang out with Pumpkin so she's not so lonely when I travel. My cat lady status has just been elevated.

This is not a complete stranger... apparently my nephews' babysitter doesn't mind house/cat sitting. I figure if she can keep those two kids alive and everyone's happy she's gotta be credible. I'm hoping that eventually I can also hire her to clean because I hear she does that too.

Okay. To be completely honest, my neighbor watches the house when I'm gone. And nobody can clean as well as I can. So really this is mostly about the cat, and throwing a few extra bucks to the sweet girl who watches my nephews while my sister and I go to the bar.

But really. Lately when I travel, I come home to a frantic attention-deprived cat who meows at top volume non-stop until I pick her up and literally carry her around for about a half hour.
Remember, this is the neediest cat in existence and apparently leaving her alone for a week (minus visits from the neighbor who fills the food bowl) is not okay. I feel bad because Pumpkin is sweet and old and really just wants to sit next to you on the couch and get a few pets. So now I pay a chick 40 bucks a night to do that.

And you know what? I don't come home to a frantic, attention-deprived cat. My conscience feels better, so it's completely worth it.

Now, can I also come home to clean windows and floors and maybe a clean shower? We'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment