24 February 2018

dietary things

Feeling a little funky tonight. Belly is unsettled.
Due to traveling and dental work, my diet has been all over the place.

For the past few months I've found that when I limit my dairy and carb/sugar intake, I feel better. Less bloated, fewer bouts of indigestion.

Well, carbs and dairy have made their way into my diet a WHOLE lot lately, because they are easy to find when traveling, but more importantly because they're soft. Temporary crowns on both sides means chewing isn't really encouraged. Especially not on the left side, because that one's already cracked. Plus it's sore from the recent work.

So the occasional snack of yogurt and mashed potatoes on the side have become the main courses, while carrots and hummus seem like a distant memory. I haven't eaten a salad in weeks. My body needs one. I've been trying to sneak in veggies by making cauliflower rice bowls, veggie soup, and steamed broccoli, but it's not enough. Belly doth protest. There's something about raw, crunchy veggies that my body likes.

Only another week and the real crowns will be put on and I can hopefully enjoy crunchy things again.

I never thought I'd complain about not being able to eat a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment