04 February 2018

Trash can love

Pictured: $5 Walmart trashcan and recycle bin. (That tells you how old it is because I haven't shopped at Walmart in years)

Besides being unsightly, the trash can finally cracked along the rim enough to make changing the bag super annoying. Plus the recycling bin filled up so fast that I was always piling things on the stepstool next to it... because I'm too lazy to empty it every few days.

So I started looking for a new trash can. I ordered it from Wayfair, which is fast becoming my new obsession. (I mean, look at these.)


This baby arrived 3 days before I expected, with a big clunk on the porch, and I was SO EXCITED to open it. Look, ooooohhhh.


I love this thing.
Yeah it's a little massive and industrial, but it replaces both the trash can AND the recycle bin. The inside has 2 separate bins that lift out. I'm in love with that feature. I haven't had to empty the recycle bin all week, woo!


Also some trash cans with that step-lid mechanism feel flimsy because the whole thing wobbles when you open it. Not this one. It feels sturdy.

A big source of visual clutter, simplified.

The only adjustment is that now that it has a lid, I have to break myself of the habit of flinging things towards the trash can like it's a basketball hoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment