31 July 2019

frustrations

Ashley has lent me a couple of books that she's liked recently, and although this one didn't grab me right away, I'm into it now. I got seriously creeped out mid-way so I had to turn on spongebob and take a break. Although I need to know what happens so I have a feeling I'll finish it fairly quickly.

Today was... annoying.
I basically did nothing because the customer is dragging their feet. I traveled 6 hours and committed an entire week away from home and... nada. So I called my boss and he said I could leave tomorrow if I wanted, but I've already committed to the customer and planned for it, so I'll stay another day and leave first thing on Friday. The good news is, he doesn't want me to come back so YAY I might get a travel break! But... I'm on standby to go to San Antonio next week but only for a few days so I'll take it.

This afternoon I left the hospital a little early (since I was doing nothing) and went to the grocery store/ checked into the good hotel, and although this is a very good hotel room, the thought of sitting around it was maddening.

So I ventured out.

I need new pants. I currently have 5 pairs of pants that fit and I recently discovered that 1 has a hole near the back pocket and 1 has a broken zipper. Not ideal if I'm working a full week because I'm 2 pairs short. I can fix the hole but they're all looking a little shabby so it's been on my mind for a while that I need to get new pants and this was a little motivating.

There just happens to be a mall right across the street from my hotel. So I went, and it was really nice. I tried on pants from a whole bunch of stores and zero fit, but I did find 3 dresses in the clearance rack at H&M so that was fun. Too bad you can't wear dresses in a lab.

My pants search continues. I might try stitch fix again, but it was so disappointing the first time around pants-wise, I'm not sure it's worth the money. Why is this so hard??

...I know why it's hard. Because I'm 34 and 110 pounds with no ass or thighs and they simply don't make work-appropriate pants for bodies like mine because I fit the dimensions of a middle-schooler. And it's a pain in the ass. No pun intended.

Anyway, it was SO nice to get out and do something. I did make sure I was back into my hotel before dark, as advised, and I made a really good dinner of chicken and veggies.

So I guess the day wasn't so bad after all.

1 comment:

  1. They...advised you to make it back to the hotel before dark?
    Seems legit.

    ReplyDelete