13 August 2019

health, work, vacation

I have had the biggest appetite lately. I'm not sure why, but I want to eat big meals and graze constantly. Maybe I need to be taking in more carbs or something? Of course it's impossible to objectively consider motives while I'm on my period. Perhaps I'll revisit this next week.

I also have not wanted to drink. Like, wine has not been agreeing with my stomach. Another way my body is telling me that I need to take care of myself? Or maybe I just need to stop drinking cheap wine and spring for better stuff.
Yeah, that's it.

One of our major customers at work has changed the way they handle credentialing, and it's a LOT more rigorous than their previous system. I have to go in and get a bunch of bloodwork done to prove I have immunity to a handful of things, because it turns out, they don't like the way my doctors have filled out my immunization records my entire life. Pain in the ass.

In addition to the bloodwork, I might also have to pass a drug test, so for now it's time to stop taking the full spectrum CBD. I don't take it often, just when I have a stomachache, and it works SO WELL. Calms things down without side effects. It has been a life saver in situations where feeling sick is really not ideal, like when I'm driving long distances.

I never feel the effects of the tiny bit of THC in the full spectrum oil, but it's technically in there and I've been taking drug tests now and again to monitor it. It has never made it over the positive threshold, but it's definitely there and I'm not taking any chances. So I'm trying a CBD isolate to see if it still works as well.


This last week I have had a solid chunk of time at home, in town, with no travel, and now... I'm bored. I have another project on the horizon, but that's not until after vacation.

Vacation. I managed to pull up a bunch of things to do in Denver that are on the cheaper side, and pitch them to the group. I even made sure we planned out a menu so the grocery bill stays low. Luke gave me a few great ideas and again, I searched "Denver Itinerary" on Pinterest and got a bunch of neat ideas that I hadn't seen anywhere else.

Pumpkin doesn't care that it's literally 100 degrees outside and 80 degrees inside and is snuggled up to me while I type this. The weather in Denver is supposed to be 80s/60s and I am very much looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment