08 August 2019

living easy

I added sesame seeds to hot oil tonight while cooking dinner. I expected them to get all toasty and add another layer of flavor and texture to my dish of pork and veggies. 

What I did not expect was for them to merrily start hopping out of the pan. Little white specks, flying all over the stovetop and counter. Sure to be a bitch to clean up, but it was a little amusing at the time because there's really nothing to do about it except scramble for a lid and wait for things to calm down.

I didn't have to go out of town this week and it's been GLORIOUS. Sure, I'm still working. Logged quite a few hours and visited a few local customers. But Pumpkin's gotten attention, I finished painting the living room, FG fed me dinner, I planted some flowers, and my muscles have gotten a much-needed break from pushing on the gas pedal. All good things.

Kinda been waiting for my bank account to be all flush again, but damn, I am continuously feeling broke. Expenses just keep popping up. Just when I recovered from the several thousand dollar endoscopy, I got hit with a higher than normal electricity bill, the engagement party, and renewing my yearly security system monitoring bill and flood insurance. And I'm broke again. It's not coming at a good time, because in a few weeks we're taking our Denver trip, with the friends who vacation like Diamond Jim and casually suggest we all just split the bills equally. I'm going to try really hard to regulate expenses without being the cheap bitch who splits hairs. *Looks up free things to do in Denver*

No comments:

Post a Comment