19 August 2019

Mondays like these

Today was one of those days where it rains while it's sunny.

After working across town, I took the back way home, avoiding the mindless inch-up-and-brake cycle at traffic lights.

Walked in the door and swapped all my clothing for a shapeless housedress.

Poured myself a glass of wine and tucked into a bowl of sesame pork that was ready in the crock pot.

The dishwasher and washing machine are humming happily in the other room.

There are fresh flowers on the end table.

I've got the whole evening to myself and it feels good to come home and have the option to do whatever I want.

Which will probably consist of lounging on the couch reading magazines while watching something on tv that I'm not really watching.

Did I mention that there are about a thousand tadpoles in the stream? Kind of shocking at first to see that, but then they're kinda cute. I know only a fraction will survive but, welcome, natural pest control.

P.S. I have yet to see a hummingbird at the feeder, but I know they're close.

No comments:

Post a Comment