25 April 2020

what day is it

Today was my Friday. I woke up at 4am for the 5th day in a row, worked a full shift, came home, took off my bra, and took a nap on the couch. One of those drooling, wake up with creases on your face naps.

Week 1 of supporting Big Reference Lab's go live is over. I am happy to say there has been much progress made. There were a few rough days, for sure, but I can see the techs getting the hang of things. That makes me happy. The sucky thing is, the better they get, the less there is for me to do, which makes for a boring day and this weird schedule isn't helping. At one point I was so zonked that I started to fall asleep, so I got up and organized some things to stay awake.

I am not adjusting well to this new sleep schedule. I can get to the lab on time, but it's a struggle, for sure. Even if I nap, I feel fried and totally off. Three more weeks to go.

Yesterday was FG's 50th birthday. We were supposed to throw him a big party but of course right now that's out of the question. I tried to make it special but with my work schedule the way it is, I missed the birthday celebration out at our friends' property. It would have been nice to spend today getting some fresh air and catching a buzz instead of stuck in a laboratory. Such is life, sometimes.

I found the perfect house online today. It had everything on my list, including tile that looks like hardwood.. It's in the wrong neighborhood, though. Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment