22 April 2020

cranky pants

It's 8:30 and I'm ready for bed. This new crappy work schedule caught up with me quick. Oh, I don't want to think about doing this for the next few weeks.
One day at a time.

I'm lowkey pissed about this whole thing. Everyone else is at home sitting on their asses for the 35th-ish day and I'm exhausted. I've BEEN exhausted. Today we got an email saying that everyone in the division had to take 5 days PTO before the end of May, and I would absolutely love that, but I know all of us supporting the big reference lab will be exempt from this mandatory proclamation. Please, let me take PTO! I'm tired! It's my turn to sit around on my ass!

Although I know if I was sitting around on my ass I know I'd be bored wanting something to do.

I just had to bitch for a second. I know I'm lucky to have a job and be getting paid. I know that being forced to be a part of this project will do good things for my career, for sure. I would just love a little break to refresh my brain and body.

In other news, my kitchen windowsill tin can herbs are doing well. I even got a single lavender sprout to survive. The ginger is massive. I'll take a picture at some point.

Speaking of that, I saw this cute house a few months ago that just came back on the market because "buyer financing fell through." It's got a few wonky bits, but all old houses do, and if it stays on the market I'm definitely going to look at it. It's got almost everything on my list, and a big corner window right above the kitchen sink. Perfect for herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment