18 May 2020

little breather

I woke up so happy today... at 8am. The sun was shining through the curtains and I felt un-rushed and rested.

I have been waking up at 4am every day for the last... however many days. I feel like I've been a zombie, going through the motions of getting up and going to work and being tired all the time. I did not adjust well to that schedule.
Especially now because the house is on the market and before I leave everything has to be show-ready. At 4am. 4am. Did I mention 4am?

No, it's not over. I got myself shifted to a different schedule. 4pm to midnight, while not ideal, is WAY better than waking up early. Plus now I don't have to work Saturday. I'm hoping for a proper break but trying to rally because who knows how long this will last?

The short of it is, I hate this job right now. I'm ready to go back to loving my job.

The house. I had 1 almost-offer and 1 very low offer. Lots of showings, which surprised me because the market is still a little slow due to covid, but I guess it's picking up. Since I'm not in a hurry to sell I'm not stressing. The right person will come along. Now if I happen to find the right house for me, THEN I'll be in a hurry to sell. Not trying to have 2 mortgages here.

In the meantime, I'll keep making my bed and putting away my toothbrush and having faith that it will all work out.

Pumpkin had a UTI. She looked so sad and sick that I really thought she was dying, but it was all taken care of by antibiotics. The vet found a heart murmur and she's lost more weight, but she hasn't reached the point where she's obviously hurting or miserable. She still plays and seems happy and enjoys treats so, okay.

I'm going to go finish my laundry, make some banana bread, do some grocery shopping, and maybe take a nap before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment