05 May 2020

a couple big things

Two very different vibes going on in my head right now.

First, I met with Helen the Realtor. We were discussing the market and how to price the house, and the current listings are selling for a price per square foot that would make me lose money on his house. Then we looked up what my old house sold for, and it sold for WAY above the average price per square foot at the time. Which is remarkable considering how much work it needed.

I said I had a good feeling about it and the angels might shine down on us again. So with that in mind, Helen said she wanted to list it ASAP, before the market picks up again. At this point in time, my house would be the only 1-story in this square foot range on the market. Yes, please.

So. My current scenario is to wake up at 4am, go to work, come home 9 hours later to continue making everything absolutely spotless and pack up every tiny bit of clutter.
Repeat.
Photographer comes on Friday, we want to list the house by next week.

I'm excited about this and I'm confident that someone will walk into this house and love it... and want to pay a lot of money for it.

The other thing is, this afternoon, in the midst of packing/cleaning, I happened to notice that Pumpkin was sitting on the rug by the door, motionless. I walked over to her, and sat down to pet her to see what was up. When she moved a little bit, there was a small puddle of blood on the rug. Alarmed, I grabbed a paper towel and mopped it up to be sure, and when she moved again and there was another bloody puddle. I found several more, along with some vomit, around the house.

Oh, Punk. I called the vet and am going to drop her off tomorrow. But first I had to call my boss because I'm expected to be at work at 5am and the vet doesn't open until 7am. Don't even get me started about that whole thing. Both he and the lab manager were sympathetic about me being late, but it would be nice to have some help when situations like this come up.

Here's the thing with Punk. I know this is probably a UTI that can be easily treated with antibiotics. But what's next? She's 17 years old and has kidney disease. She's lost so much weight that when you pet her, you can feel her backbone. Recently the vet said she was healthy-ish, and she seems okay and even wants to play most days.

But how do you know when the quality of life has declined enough to consider putting her down? She walks around meowing all the time and I can't figure out if that's her way of trying to tell me she's hurting? Or maybe she's bored? Either way, bloody urine was pretty shocking.

I don't want my sweet kitty to suffer and I've never been in a situation where it's time to put a pet out of it's misery. How do you know when it's time?

1 comment:

  1. Jacobi - I am buying a house!!! We had our offer accepted this weekend and pending any drama post inspections it's about 30 days till move in. I cannot wait. I'm spreading my good luck your way so you can get your house sold.

    ReplyDelete