01 January 2021

love, happiness, prosperity

The first thing we did after waking up this morning was clean up dog pee, then I started my period, and the neighbor backed over the mailbox. Hey, 2021, let's be better than that.

My mantra/affirmation at this moment is love, happiness, and prosperity. I haven't felt like I've needed an affirmation for a while. After the need for reckless optimism waned, I've just been riding the wave of life. Right now I feel like I could use a larger idea to grab onto. Let's cultivate some love, happiness, and prosperity, shall we?

FG and I have been talking about "getting back to the grind" in regards to our diets and physical fitness. This conversation usually happens after he struggles to button his pants or we get winded climbing stairs. The problem is, you can't get back to the grind if there was never a grind to begin with!
We have to start a grind.
There are some immediate challenges... There is a whole room dedicated to becoming a home gym, but it's currently cluttered with random crap and not functional at all. It would be easy to move some things around and make it a workable space, even if it's not perfect.
Diet is easy for me to adjust, but exercise is so hard. I have to focus on what motivates me, so here goes: I'm motivated to get stronger. I noticed that I have trouble lifting my suitcase into the overhead bin on the airplane, which is embarrassing. And I hurt my back trying to close a window the other day. I think I'll start one of those push up challenges, where you do a certain number each day. 

Ok, enough goals for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment