16 January 2021

more chaos

It wasn't even two days after I bitched about all that stuff, when I came home from work, walked into the kitchen, and the vent above the stove was replaced. Now I have a beautiful, functional vent- and I'm not used to it so I keep forgetting to turn it on, ha.

The kitchen remodel has began. Every day I've come home to a new development and the transformation is... breathtaking. It's so beautiful. It's so bright and light and shiny and functional. It's hard to pick my favorite part but it might be that now there is a pantry in the kitchen instead of behind two doors in the laundry room. Or it could be the new built-in shelves that were custom designed to be tall enough to fit wine bottles, or the new bright lights, or the extended windowsill that is deep enough to hold small pots of herbs, or the gorgeous sparkly quartz countertops... never mind the fact that at the moment, there is no kitchen sink and we're washing dishes in the bathroom. And the house is a mess of sheetrock dust, random screws, and things like the kitchen aid and coffee pot are in the living room.

To be honest, the old kitchen didn't bother me that much. Sure, it was old but it was clean and mostly functional. When I moved in I thought I would miss my nice kitchen, but I adapted better than I thought I would. However well I adapted, for someone who cooks as much as I do, this new space is an absolute treat. I can't even tell you how pretty it is. It's an open space in the middle of the house and makes everything feel more brighter and less like a cave.

2 comments: