26 April 2012

fun at work

Lately, the hospital has been having employee appreciation events, which consist of a theme and free lunch. There's also music, karaoke, and a few themed activities. They decorate one of the courtyards (pretty impressively) and everyone just stops by when they get the chance. At first I thought they'd be lame, but they've turned out to be morale-lifting and everyone seems to enjoy themselves.

Last time it was for the rodeo, and there was a chili cookoff. Today the theme was "fun at work" or something like that. We were supposed to wear silly hats and sunglasses but I think everyone forgot. For lunch there were grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, a few desserts, and random fun things like bubbles, hula hoops, sidewalk chalk, and the like.

It was all pretty mellow until someone broke out the water guns. Then all hell broke loose and it got pretty fun. It was hot enough outside, and scrubs naturally dry pretty fast, so it was no big deal to get water all over you. It was actually refreshing. And hilarious. I got a video of me and Andrea that is absolutely hysterical, but I have to ask her first before I can post it. I put it on repeat and watched it about 50 times, laughing so hard I almost peed myself. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment