13 May 2018

huh?

Saturday was a fun but strange night.

My whole family went to a family friend's birthday party. That part is not so strange.

But BOTH my dads were at this party, plus my mom and all my siblings. (Except Luke...who we miss terribly and talk about all the time. And Chelsea who had other obligations.) That could have been weird but... nope. It strangely wasn't.

Amongst the crowd were the usual folks, except for a few interesting exceptions.

There was a guy there who looked at my house while it was on the market. That was a fun "it's a small world" time discovering that while chatting. We both agreed that the karaoke stage is a serious design challenge.

During the usual party chatter, my dad's other friend tried to convince me to buy a house on his block.
And I'm going to check it out, just as soon as this option period on the current contract is over... tomorrow... IF the potential buyers decide to proceed.

Oh, I don't have my hopes up but cross those fingers because that would be great if this house sold and I could finally move on with my life.

SPEAKING of that, there was this really cute dude at the party and we definitely had chemistry.

If you remember, I deleted all of the dating apps and decided to take a chill pill and see what life throws at me meeting people the old fashioned way.

I'm not disappointed so far. It turns out this guy is 15 years older than me and I was shocked because he doesn't look like it. Which is why I gave him my number when he asked. I definitely want to go out with him.

Yeah okay... he's a friend of my dad's friend and that's a little weird. But I guess that's how my dating life is going so far. Maybe I'll find that older but cute dudes are my jam?

Anyway, this week will definitely be interesting. Mostly because of the house thing. (Because I'm not going on any dates this week. Maybe next week.)

This brings me a lot of peace, in a lot of ways:


No comments:

Post a Comment