08 May 2018

post-gluten and feels

It's been a while since I was glutened. It's always disruptive. After last weekend's glutening, I spent most of the weekend curled up on the couch with a heating pad and making trips to the bathroom. Grated ginger in hot water helped with the upper abdominal symptoms, thank goodness. I'd rather things follow the natural flow than go backwards, you know?

Now I'm feeling mostly functional... although there are a few lasting side effects. Most notably, abdominal pain and bloating on Monday.  Like a visibly distended belly and pain so bad I had to pause a few times while working.

Then today it was continued bloating, a small amount of digestive upset, and this evening a continuous deep intestinal muscle spasm on the left side of my belly all night. A very odd rumbly fluttery sensation, but no pain.

All this, over a single tainted beverage 4 days ago. And this giant canker sore doesnt help. Now you know why I've gotten obsessive over gluten.

I over-packed a bunch of food for my travels. I booked a hotel room with a full-size fridge, and have avoided eating out. I thought I would be by myself this trip, but tonight there were 3 other colleagues in town so I happily enjoyed their company for dinner and was super careful.

After dinner I went shopping with my colleague at Express because they had a sale on pants. Even the 00 didn't fit. Very discouraging. Why do I have no ass and why are my legs so skinny?? It's okay. That brand just isn't cut to fit my body the way it is right now.

Then after I got back to my hotel I got lonely and started texting cute customer, even though I vowed to let that go a little bit. Overall I'm okay with the way things are going, so I guess that will evolve... carefully. We seem to be on the same page. I mostly want to make sure that I don't start to rely on him. Which is tricky and I probably shouldn't have made lunch plans on Thursday... but I'll be on his side of town! What's wrong with lunch?

I also got lonely at some point this week and I chatted with my sisters on Instagram and sent Dayna a text... I am noting that I can't completely rely on myself for company. I don't want to be a freaking hermit.. It's okay to crave interaction with others, but I guess I have to find a balance between interaction with others, and being okay with myself.

{insert therapy here?}

No comments:

Post a Comment