30 September 2019

health, rest, pets, adult stuff

Random thing: I'm trying to figure out if it's smarter to get my knee looked at this year, since I've met my deductible (but am halfway through my "Out-of-pocket-Max"), or if I should enroll in a different healthcare plan that covers more, and wait until next year. I am pretty sure it will require surgery and I think I pay 15% of whatever it costs... I think? Health insurance is so confusing. Merp.

Also I looked at lasik. That's definitely not covered by insurance but it's at the top of my list.

Anyway, this weekend was my ME weekend-- the weekend that I blocked off way in advance with no plans so I could do whatever I wanted.

Y'all, Saturday was so good.

I woke up late, made muffins, sewed a few things, napped, went shopping, did laundry, and it felt great to not have any obligations and take care of random stuff around the house. I even got some picture frames for some of those pictures I had printed.


I've lived in this house for over a year and there are no pictures of people I love anywhere. Well, I fixed that.

Sunday I spent with FG's family. His dad was in town and they wanted to have lunch. I originally was like, "No WAY this is MY weekend," and insisted that he go without me. But on Sunday I actually felt like hanging out with them, so we spent the day visiting and I had a lot of fun. I really like his sister; we have a similar sense of humor and I think we've figured out each other's vibe.

It's such a cool and significant thing that we don't dread hanging out with each other's family. Like, a few weeks ago we went to Frank's for lunch and FG was so excited to see everyone and even had a small gift for dad.

But anyway, back to things.

I lost the other big fish. While we were in Memphis, I saw my mom on the security cameras with a shovel and a grocery bag... Houston had some really heavy rains and I guess he jumped out and didn't make his way back in. Poor guy, he was a cool fish. Now, there are a bunch of small fish and a couple medium fish in the pond and I'm that much closer to filling it in. ($$)

Pumpkin. She wasn't eating, even with the steroids, and I was concerned enough that I asked the vet about how we approach this "end of life" thing. Like, logistically, how do you know when it's time to euthanize, and if I come home to a dead cat, what do I do with the body? I can't dig a hole that size in the back yard, and what if I'm traveling and mom has to deal with it?
Apparently you can cremate pets for a moderate price and there are a bunch of overboard options like framed pawprints and such. I'm not sure if I want ashes back, or if I just want them to take her and do whatever they do with dead animals. I joke about taxidermy... that sounds so hilarious and badass but it's probably way over budget and in reality it would probably be kinda creepy.

Well, I started mixing tuna in with every bowl of food and now she's eating very well and looking really good. That's good, because I'm obviously not ready to say goodbye yet. Her kidneys may be slowly failing but she's still got a little spark.

I am considering looking into a financial adviser. I have a little extra cash and I'd like to see if I can invest in something. I'm sure it couldn't hurt to go in and talk to someone and see what my options are, because it's just as confusing as health insurance.  WHY don't they teach us shit like this in school??

No comments:

Post a Comment