10 June 2020

Key West and back to reality

Key West was fun, relaxing, happy, and wonderful.
I loved chilling by the pool, walking around the pretty town, riding bikes to the beach, drinking cuban coffee, going to the Hemingway house to pet the 6-toed cats, and watching the random chickens and roosters wander the streets. 
We both needed to get away for a minute. I wanted to stay an extra night but there is this thing called work and although I'm on PTO this week, FG had to get back.

Then we came home and even though I'm on PTO I checked my work emails and there's one to myself and Helen from my boss basically saying, "Hey who wants to work night shift at Big Reference Lab next week? Lol it has to be one of you." Oh, but if you pick days you have to work Saturday so either option sucks. We should have been done with this a month ago but someone higher up than us decided we need to keep doing it.

Helen and I have talked and we decided that we're done being walked all over. We both responded with reasons why we don't want to work nights or Saturday, so now it's up to him to decide what to do.

I have updated my resume. If there was an end in sight I'd feel better but this is starting to get ridiculous. If I wanted to work nights and weekends, I'd still be in the lab. At least then I'd get overtime pay and a shift differential.

Not sure what will happen, but we did buy a lottery ticket in Florida so maybe tonight we'll be rich and work won't matter anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment