14 June 2020

Updates on all the things

Writing this from my office. I usually blog from the couch but I sold my coffee table.

The garage sale was a lot. It was hectic and fun and hot and in the end, I made $175 and got rid of a lot of random stuff, including the bed and mattress in the guest room, most of the furniture, lots of home decor and kitchen items, and the Christmas stuff went super quick.

Ashley and I had bets on what would sell and what wouldn't. I won on the bags of socks and the girdle. People buy some weird stuff at the right price.

I was surprised that some 50 cent crystal wineglasses did not sell. I wound up keeping those. I have enough wine glasses, but that was obviously the universe saying that I should keep them.

Other news:

House- Still no appraisal. Not sure if that will delay closing and I'm tired of keeping my house clean. Went and looked at 2 houses that came on the market and neither one was right so the hunt is still on. Considering a remodel but... oh that's a lot.

Relationship- Been helping FG de-clutter and move things around in his house so that it can be painted. He wanted to refresh Nicole's room, so he sold the furniture and we cleared it all out. We will put my current bedroom furniture in there, since I was considering selling it anyway, and get a new bed. I felt a little sad when I took her clothes out of the closet. She had a cute style. Sweet girl. I wish I could have known her better. 

It's been kinda weird bc we are also planning for when I move in temporarily until I find my house. He's been clearing out space in his dresser and talking about where the litter box will go, things like that. 
So we're making plans for the immediate "when I move in until I find a house" and also for the future "when I move in forever" and the lines get blurred sometimes and we both forget that the current plan is that I'm still looking for another house. 
I still think that it feels right to move in with him, and I'm very tempted to commit, but also like that safety net so I haven't said anything yet.

Travel- I think we will cancel our trip to San Diego because the flights got screwed up and the city is mostly still shut down due to Covid. That's ok, because the timing is not great and Dad needs to come see us anyway.

Work- BIG NEWS! I checked my email tonight and we officially got word that Big Reference Lab does NOT need continuous support anymore! Yay! What a huge weight lifted off our shoulders. Whew.

Punk- She decided to start eating again. Of course I mixed some tuna in with her wet food.

That's all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment