16 November 2019

bathroom, painted.

I officially hate gray paint colors.

I did not have plans this weekend, other than watching FG's dog while he went hunting, so I figured it would be a great day to finally paint the bathroom. The weather was great, so it was no big deal to keep the doors open all day.

After spending all day priming over the grey color, and getting flashbacks of how much it work it took to cover up the grey guest bathroom in the old house, I finally got my bathroom painted. For simplicity's sake, I chose the same pinkish white that I used in that bathroom and I really like it.

I re-did the trim and baseboards in a nice, crisp white and things look so clean and bright now.


Still have a couple of items on the list before it's done, but this was huge, huge progress. And also, more work than I expected. I'm freaking tired and already sore. Tomorrow is going to hurt.

I uncovered some strange things, like very sloppy grout work that got all over the (dingy) baseboards, and some humongous holes where the toilet paper holder was mounted to the wall (which I now have to go buy spackle for). I'd like to know the story behind that one.

Unfortunately, I have to travel next week back to the border, which recently had some crazy Mexican mafia shit happen, so I'm not thrilled about that, and then I have to travel over the weekend, but maybe soon I'll be able to finish my bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment